Restore Your Core
6 Jun 2020
This practical, movement-based workshop will offer a full-body approach to healing core issues. Treating core and pelvic floor health as a whole-body issue – rather than something to be spot-treated – we will explore a rage of tools to build core strength and function, improve pelvic floor integrity and correct posture. This workshop is a must for anyone who has diastasis recti (abdominal separation), prolapse, incontinence, back pain or is post-natal.
During the workshop we will:
– Practice rehabilitation-focused movement to address muscular imbalances that can affect the core’s ability to function well;
– Explore the fundamentals of healthy alignment, and why certain lifestyle choices may compromising the core;
– Learn how the breath can help (or hinder) the core’s ability to function optimally;
– Discover why isolated pelvic floor exercises such as Kegels may be more harmful than helpful;
– Learn how to integrate core and pelvic floor exercises into everyday movement, or into other settings such as a yoga class;
– Look at a range of ways to activate the deep abdominal muscles, not just abs, without compromising breath, range of movement or alignment – and find out when it’s best to let it all hang out;
The workshop will provide a safe and informative space to share, enquire and explore a range of tools for core healing. Following the workshop participants will be given homework videos to follow, to keep up the good work.
suitable for beginners
email to book
or book here